Wednesday, September 16, 2009

8. Snake Spirit

"He slithered under the table, just like a snake," the pastor who sat in his office chair, lowered his back and wriggled. "This happened when he was possessed. I exorcised him and now he is a normal person, married." The pastor showed me his picture in a newspaper cutting. I could not believe that there is a snake spirit. Some 40 years ago, I used to watch Chinese kung-fu movies and at that time, the lady serpent spirit was a common character.

Another exorcism which took 10 days and 10 men, if I recall correctly had 3 spirits possessing this man. One was the black God warrior in Chinese belief. "A bomoh was obstructing my excorism," the pastor explained why it took so long to do his job.

I met the pastor on Sep 16, 2009 in Singapore, being introduced by Tom, the general trader who had an appointment to see him. I was free during lunch time and drove Tom to meet him and to ask the pastor whether he had experiences of the paranormal happenings like blood spots appearing out of thin air.

"It is spiritual warfare," the pastor explained the phenomenon. "Spirits can also be good ones." The pastor had no personal sightings but such events are possible and cannot be scientifically explained.

No comments: